Feb 13, 2012

Mumbai Map Madness

I am soo happy to have finished my Illustrated map of Mumbai bang on time. Phew!

It feels good since I managed it through a considerably busy week (and the extension of the deadline by the organizers also helped :oD)!

(please view it on the TDAT website here.)

Mumbai is one of the most addictive places I have ever lived in.Therefore it had to be my choice of place to be illustrated for this task.

A walk down the memory lane and lot of awesome suggestions from friends still living there helped me prepare a long list of things which could make its way into the map.

But since it was a 'YOU-topia' map, I had to funnel all the options to the 'most' favourite.

And oh boy, what a difficult task it was to do just that, since Mumbai has an infinite number of places to visit and things to do, to fit into one map. Maybe I should consider doing mumbai 'zonal' maps sometime...

The top 10 Star Attractions of My Map include:

1. A walk from from VT station to Crawford Market (I am a sucker for Victorian Era Architecture) and I have done this a zillion times -never tire of it!

2.Shop-Shop-Shop at Colaba Causeway. After every trip to Mumbai, I become the proud owner of the handcrafted Kohlapuri footwear in all colours (they are so damn inexpensive that I can buy loads of them).

3.Chowpatty Beach Street Food and the Chilli flavoured Icecream !!!

4. Vada Pav and Masala Tea -official Mumbai Snack

5.Leather Stuff (boots- I love footwear) from Dharavi.

6. Fabindia, Mumbai (although they have outlets all around India, but I think Mumbai one has the best collection)

7. Sharing Hookah with friends at MOCHA

8. Horse Cart Ride or just even a walk along the Marine Drive is the Best!

9. Bade Miyan and its Chicken Rolls.

10. Finally relax and unwind by the sea with a cup of cappuchino at Banstand.

View Larger Size

Wohoooo! my very first entry for TDAT! :D :D :D

2 comments:

  1. wow ritzie..so proud of u..
    infact the same thot came in my mind..that how did u club mumbai in ur single illustration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and hey!
    i second you. Mumbai is Dabaang! Awesome place to be!

    ReplyDelete